Fax passthrough: interoperability between One Access and Cisco?

Hello,

I have a general question about One Access devices, I hope someone has used them (our customer should have ONE 400 and 200 but my question is perhaps independent of the specific platform).

In the user guide I have read something about the fax passthrough. One method that can be applied is the so-called "Direct mode": there is a direct signaling process, because the devices send specific NSE RTP packets before the necessary switching for the fax transmission (codec, no VAD, no EC) occurs.

I remember I have read something similar about Cisco devices in relation to fax passthrough: the Cisco gateways coordinate codec switchover and the disabling to EC and VAD with NSEs within RTP stream. Cisco officially declares it uses as NSE a proprietary-version of the IETF-standard named telephony events (NTE).

Are the NSE used by One Access different the same as the ones sent by Cisco gateway? If so, fax passthrough would be possible when having gateways of the two manufacturers.

Thank you and best regards

Alessandro

Reply to
ango
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.