fax over ip

I am looking for a VOIP service provider which will allow me to deliver faxes to locations in North America at a low fee. Specifically I have found delivering faxes over standard voice codecs unsatisfactory and am looking for a provider which supports T.38 Fax over IP.

I'm guessing Vonage doesn't allow T.38, right? Who allows T.38 for flat monthly rate or a low per minute rate? Is there a weblist of providers and their capabilities? Is there a webforum for VOIP where I could ask this question? The last time I investigated this question was around five years ago and very few people (only one or two) did T.38 so I chose Vonage which proved inadequate.

Reply to
frodobaggins
Loading thread data ...

Try this forum.

formatting link
Bob

Reply to
Bob M

Depends upon volume. But, between Viatalk and Callcentri, you should be able to find the two extremes are covered. Both allow T.38 Fax. I have used it on both.

Reply to
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Is there a webpage listing VOIP providers and their capabilities?

Reply to
frodobaggins

Try this one as a start.

formatting link

I have been with VOIP Your Life for over a year now and I love them. Great customer service and the service just works. I've had maybe 10 minutes down time in the last year. No I don't work for them. I'm just a happy customer. I was formally with Vonage and that had to be the worst company I ever had the displeasure to use. I couldn't get away from them fast enough.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

I don't know ... I have spent hours searching through thousands to come up with the two I mentioned. I am considering Voicepulse as my replacement for my primary Viatalk line as Viatalk has been less than stable over the last 6 months [since the Sunrocket demise].

Reply to
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Just as a note ... Vonage has some idiots working for them. Even though you may have ported your number to another provider, they didn't remove it from their system. So, if any Vonage customer tries to call you, they will not get through because it will try to route to a Vonage ATA rather than to your new service.

Call them up and make sure that account for your phone number is actually removed.

Reply to
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Thanks for the info but I didn't port my number. I just had a new one assigned by VIOP Your Life.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.