Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
January 11, 2010, 6:11 pm
rate this thread
Running VoIP from my laptop with the power supply connected to the
introduces a 50Hz earth loop hum into the headset that is really
the other party. Unplugging the laptop from the mains and
running on batteries
fixes this problem - but the batteries run down!
Also, muting the microphone
also fixes the problem for the other party
- but they can't hear me speak.
Can anyone suggest a possible solution. I understand about removing the
wire from the plug but the power supply is already connected via a
cable and the 3pin plug in the wall has a plastic earth
Thanks in advance.
- » What Every Company Needs To Know About Business VoIP And Unified Communications
- — Newest thread in » Voice-Over-IP
- » "TCPA Class Certification Denial Exposes Major Spousal Scheme" Is a Statement o...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum