Do any adapters do address translation?

I'm wondering if one or more of these adapters allow users to configure simple address translation tables to automatically insert the local area code etc.

Our area is going to 10-digit dialing, but I'm thinking maybe I could remain on 7-digit dialing if I program the adapter to insert my area code unless I start with a '0' or '1'.

Is there an adapter that supports this feature?

Reply to
Pat Coghlan
Loading thread data ...

NAT yes, that no.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Reply to
Pat Coghlan

Thus spaketh Pat Coghlan:

I use a LinkSys PAP2, I have it set up so that when I dial a 7 digit local number, it dials 0044121 in front of the number, as the VoIP provider I use requires numbers to be in international format, when I dial numbers beginning 0 as in the UK numbers begin with a 0, it translates this to 0044, other LinkSys / Sipura devices have the same capabilities.

Reply to
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Wrong. Any of the Sipura range of ATA's has a user-configurable dial plan that allows you to do this. It's not for the novice user though and requires some knowledge of how the adaptor and VoIP works.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Well, if that's all you mean by translation!-) Hey, CallVantage has a real timesaver called "SPEEDDIAL"!

Reply to
Rick Merrill
[snip]

All my ATA's have that as well, irrespective of provider, so what..? Speed dial usually only works for a specific number entered into its memory, the OP wanted to prefix all 7 digit numbers entered.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.