Difference between Grandstream HT486 and 488

Can someone tell me what exactly the difference is between the two ATA models? It seems to me that both can allow access to PSTN and VoIP via a single DECT phone, as well as a router to PC.

Moreover, what I want to do is that - when I am outside, I can call my PSTN home no and specify the call to be transferred to another no (say in another country) via VoIP. Can either HT486 or HT488, both serve the above purpose?

If not, any other models can do this?

Thanks, Dennis

Reply to
dennisng
Loading thread data ...

Dennis,

HT486 has only FXS port, while HT488 has FXS and FXO ports.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Phoneswww.ciscoheadsetadapter.comwww.headsetadapter.com

Reply to
dennisng

Den,

It depends on what you are going to do. If you just need a telephone line - get one FXS line ATA and use it. If you will use more complex scenario (for example, connect FXO port to your land line, and use route pattern to dial certain numbers through local line), then you will need FXS/FXO ATA.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.