Dialtone with Asterisk and IXJ and Nortel Venture

I've got a Asterisk 1.0.5 server with an Internet PhoneJack PCI card installed.

Connected to the PhoneJack PCI card is a Nortel Venture phone. My phone.conf file has "mode=dialtone", "format=slinear", "echocancel=off", "txgain=100%", "rxgain=1.0", and "device => /dev/phone0". No other changes have been made to the configuration.

When I pick up the phone and go off-hook, I get a dialtone. However, if I hang up the phone immediately, the line indicator still shows that the line in use. (It looks like the line isn't disconnecting at the Asterisk server.) It's a real nuisance, because on the Venture phone, you have to press an extra button if you want to join a call that is "in progress"...you can't just "pick up the phone".

The behavior is different, however, depending on what else I do when the phone is off-hook. If I pick up the phone and get dialtone, and dial 500 to run the "about to try Digium" demo, and THEN hangup while the demo message is playing, I'll get a hangup on the line. This is confirmed while running "asterisk -vr".

Is there a configuration setting that I can change in order to fix this? I've tried swapping phones, and the other phone I tried (an old Trimline) seems to work just fine. But I really like my Nortel Venture phone.

Thanks much...-Dennis Spexet, snipped-for-privacy@visi.com

Reply to
Dennis Spexet
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.