DD-WRT, Nokia N95 & SIP - help

Hi All,

I have recently flashed my WRT54G v1 to the latest stable release of the DD-WRT generic firmware. Looks very slick.

I do however have a problem I hope someone can help me with. One of the devices I want to connect via wifi to the router is my Nokia N95 cellphone which has wifi.

I can web surf via the router just fine, but when my the phone tries to connect to the SIP server the phone comes up with Cannot connect to connection network.

Now this did work on the standard linksys firmware, so hopefully it is just a setting?

I have set the phone to a static IP, and forwarded various ports to the phone including:

5060 5004 3478 10000

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

-Al

Reply to
BigAl.NZ
Loading thread data ...

Usually, you need to foward 69, 16384-16482,5060, all UDP to the phone. Further, it is best to give the 16384-16482 ports (UDP) QoS priority. That range may be about twice the size it needs to be for one phone line ... that is the range I use for two SIP lines. Also, make sure no other SIP device on your network is not relying upon these same ports. It is probably safe to ignore port 69 altogether, but if your Nokia is the ONLY SIP device, then go ahead and forward it.

Reply to
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Does the N95 support STUN? Just curious because I tried to get a friend's working real quick and had no luck, but, didn't have much time to work on it. I don't remember seeing any STUN settings in the menus but they were a bit convulted and hard to navigate so maybe I missed it. There also seems to be two identical sets of settings for the sip proxy unless the one labled "Registration server" was the regular sip proxy and the other is an inline RTP/audio proxy??

Also seems from a quick search the built in SIP client might be a bit crap and there are third party clients you can load with better results, just wondering what anyone's experience is with any of those?

Reply to
B. Wright

I think if your provider offers an outbound proxy, you don't have to worry about stun [it is done by the outbound proxy].

Java is the most likely support and that might not peform well enough on the little procs of the Nokia phone.

Reply to
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.