cisco 7960 hanging on configuring ip.

Hi all,

I bought a refurbished 7960 IP phone on Ebay.com which I recieved today. Plugged it in both on network and power, message about VLAN comes up: so far so good ... Then it stucks at Configuring IP ... runs for long time, no time out nothing, but in the mean while I cannot access the phone either ... does anyone have a tip to hard reset the phone to factory default of how I can find out which TFTP server it tries to find? (as far as I can see in my DHCP server it has aquiered an ip adress) but also the webserver on the ipphone is not accessable.

thanks in advance for any reply!

//H

Reply to
.devslashnull
Loading thread data ...

First of all tell Us what setup you have, That is are you trying to register this phone with callmanager or you are using a sip load on it and want to provision it with a sip server .

In most cases callmanager is the tftp server and provides the configuration file for the ipphone to register .Your Dhcp server tell your ipphone about its tftp that is dhcp uses option 150 in dhcp configuration.

Reply to
Aman

It may have a secure config in it.

Try pressing " * * #" then "more" then "erase".

Reply to
voipguy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.