Cisco-2,811 PRI/Q.sig to Nortel TX-1

Hello,

I am trying to connect an Asterisk PBX to a Nortel TX-1 using a Cisco 2,811 as a gateway. It is working but no names are exchanged. From the debug mode I see that the Cisco sends the display name (which does not appear on the Nortel's phones) and the Nortel does not bother to send it at all.

I recall that when I had a pilot with Cisco CCM two years ago we had to set the siganlling to ESGF on the Nortel and use MGCP on Cisco (since MGCP protocol forces the Cisco to use ESGF signalling). We could not use H.323 as it forces the Cisco to use ISGF. I suspect that SIP is the same, but setting ISGF signalling on Nortel doesn't help.

Anyone had some luck with this configuration?

Thanks, __Yehavi:

Reply to
yehavi
Loading thread data ...

We have had the same type of issues with CCM and Nortel. First you need to make sure you are running the latest version of 12.4 on the router. There were issues on the Nortel side and patches were needed.. I'm don't do PBX support so I'm not sure what version of code is running on the PBX or which patches were required, but I know that most of the issues were QSIG bugs on the Nortel.

Scott

Reply to
Thrill5

Hello Scott,

Since I do not have your Email address I am answering via the newsgroup...

Thanks for your reply. Can you please Email me your Cisco'c config?

Thanks aga> We have had the same type of issues with CCM and Nortel. First you need to

Reply to
yehavi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.