can not receive calls

I just recieved an ATA 486 from Just Dial VOIP service. I got it all setup last night and now can make calls perfectly with it, in fact some ppl saying it sounds better than the mobile :-). But got a problem. When they try and call me back on a BT landline they get a message saying "there is a fault." Or if they call from a VOIP / mobile service they get a constant deadtone. Is there a reason they can't make a call to me like I need to open some ports or something? Or is it down to Justdial number not comission yet?

Reply to
marko
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote: ....

It is not your fault (unless perhaps you have too many phones plugged in at one time) ===> they have not corectly 'ported' your phone number. Call and escalate to the highest ranking person you can get. Be prepared for it to take a LONG time to fix (or maybe you'll get lucky).

Reply to
Rick Merrill

I had the same issue with Digital Voice for my 416 number. People who attempted to call got Congestion Tone - double fast busy signal.

In the end, there was a problem with the configuration of their servers. Seems data was not being forwarded to the correct server group! So the incoming calls had no way to connect.

Took them a couple of days, but they fixed THAT problem. Seems like my PAP2 box is still a piece of crap though... :(

Reply to
cloaked

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.