Buying different credit amounts for Skype

When I try online to buy credit on Skype, it only lets me buy 10 Euros worth at a time. How can I purchase $15 of credit? It won't let me change the amount.

Reply to
gplantam
Loading thread data ...

10 Euros is around $15 once the exchange is factored in...
Reply to
DevilsPGD

Yes, but could I buy $17 USD worth of Skype credit if I wanted to? Am I forced to buy 10 Euros at a time?

Reply to
gplantam

That one, I cannot answer -- I can't say I've ever used Skype.

Reply to
DevilsPGD

Okay. I found the answer through the Skype portal. (I don't know if it can be found through the Skype.com site.) For the first 90 days, new members can only buy 10 Euro increments of credit and can't buy any credit if there's currently more than 5 Euros left in the account. This is an effective incentive to get new members to sign up for the unlimited call packages (SkypeIn and SkypeOut).

It still seems like a good deal economically, although the clarity of the calls depends on your broadband connection and computer speed. I have a minimal speed DSL, and if I have any other applications open, I get an annoying delay on the Skype line.

Reply to
gplantam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.