beware of VONAGE! Don't sign up! I whish someone had warned me...

I just ordered Vonage and I reeeeeally whish I hadn't done that. Suddenly, I am having problems with internet and I've had the same internet service for whole two years with no problems at all. I talked to two inarticulate women in India who tried to help but couldn't. I spent 40 minutes talking to them and another 40 minutes waiting on hold to talk to someone else.

At this point, I'm just trying to cancel it, which is NOT EASY to say the least.

I whish I read the 28 PAGES OF COMPLAINTS AGAINST vonage on

formatting link
(I never would have ordered this stupid service.)

Don't do it!

Tell others about it!

I whish someone had warned me!

Reply to
big D
Loading thread data ...

Hopefully you are within a free trial period, 'cause I have read that there is a termination fee in the neighborhood of $130.

Read up on CallVantage (AT&T) or VoiceWing (Verizon).

Lena

Reply to
Lena

You may wish to investigate the Vonage VoIP Forum:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant Website:
formatting link

Reply to
BradReese.Com=A

Published reports this year have disclosed that 25% of Vonage's customers leave them each year. Vonage has not made a single cent in profit since its inception. Vonage has to replace the 25% of their customers that leave, just to remain at the same number of customers (running in place).

Reply to
Jeremy

I got turned off by the call centre in *India* as well.

I went with Zingotel instead. Snazzy website, free equipment for a

30-day trial, and they support Canadian customers to boot.

I signed up right away.

-Pat

big D wrote:

Reply to
Pat Coghlan

Sorry, but signing up to a VOIP service cannot affect your internet service, as bad as everybody makes them out to be (i havent used them) its simply impossible to make your internet service have problems, unless your router cannot handle it (which is a router problem, not a VOIP problem), or they are flooding your network line with traffic (not likely).

Reply to
lab

Actually, Vonage has many phone adapters that double as a router and are placed IN FRONT OF a regular broadband router. So if they have QoS settings or other funky routes set up, it could potentially cause an issue. Not to mention the possibility of double-NAT on same subnet if his equipment matches theirs.

Reply to
Brandonb

Not the OP, but...

This is why my Vonage router sits *inside* my broadband router, and has all of it's router features effectively disabled. I tried to get them to send me a plain old VOIP adapter (ie not a router), but they refused, insisting that I needed their router, even though I knew better. I should have known then what a pain in the butt their service would be.

-Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Adams

Can be, but don't have to be, in front of the router. Mine are both behind routers (actually, the one at the office is three hops in from my broadband connection) and they work just fine that way.

Reply to
Joshua Putnam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.