analog pbx extender

Hi ...

I asked about a year ago, and at that time, the fxo/fxs boxes I looked at required all sorts of dial plans etc., not exactly the out of the box plug-n-play solution I was hoping for.

I'd like to extend 2 analog pbx lines off site. We have multiple managed bonded T's at the main site, and at the remotes a basic Verizon dsl at one and a Comcast (or is it Time Warner this year?) business HSI at the other. When someone calls the extension, the off prem analog line should ring. When I go off hook, I should get pbx dial tone.

Of course, I can't invest thousands, so I am looking for the most cost effective solution I can find.

Thanks in advance! Dave

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III
Loading thread data ...

2 pair of Linksys SPA3102 will do. One for FXS and one for FXO gateway role. If you can do the setup, it costs less than 400 USD.

However, as at least one of them gets dynamic IP address, you need a public fixed IP VoIP switch to maintain the actual IP address. This kind of service is available free of charge, eg at

formatting link
If you have firewall at the central site, it should be configured to pass the UDP calls to the 2 SPAs (eg. 5060 and 5061 UDP port, respectively, plus a range for the voice channels). The SPAs should be configured accordingly.

Reply to
ldemsp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.