New To Video Conferencing

Hi All,

I was assigned the task of researching and possibly purchasing a video teleconferencing unit for my location. The setup would be a unit in my office and a unit in two remote locations (possibly more down the road). We are business partners, so each office will be purchasing their own system which may be different from the one we purchase. I have a couple of questions that I would like to ask the experts:

1) Do different vendor implementations work well together? For expample if I have a Polycom until can I have conference with a Tandberg unit? 2)What is the bandwidth needed, I cuurently have a T1 line that is at 65% utilization, I am guessing that I would need a dedicated line for this? 3) I plan to use IP for communications, I am assuming that this is best (instead of ISDN) for interoperability purposes?

Thanks very much for your time, hope this makes sense

Reply to
newtomac
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.