Help me about VC model

Hi everybody! I read some about Video Conference (VC) but I can't find any model of VC on LAN. I dont know what devices I must have to apply to my network. Can you tell me exactly I must do? It's very well if there are some graphics model. Thank you!

Reply to
tt01t2
Loading thread data ...

What sort of information are you looking for? Do you need a videoconferencing solution for your network?

Videoconferencing uses H.323 to communicate over ethernet networks. There are a bunch of products that can help you do this right out of the box. CamSys' store has a bunch to look over.

formatting link

Reply to
NetSteady

Try

formatting link
its a UK university video comms website with guides and network info.

Scott

Reply to
S. Naylor

I have a true Multicast Video conferencing app that I built and deployed many years ago that only works on a LAN, (Because thats only where multicast to the end user is available back in 2000) It's very hard to set up but once you set it up it works great. it requires 3 server programs and 2 query programs and a client. I can send it to you if you want. It's only 6 way but it has H-323 and G-711 Video and Audio. and it has Buddy Surfer, it's own web browser, and all the bells. Great user database search and once working it's as robust as a Sherman Tank.

You can see a picture of it here

formatting link
one from the top called P/See Suite

I've created something new called Emulated Multicast using Peer to Peer based on my research with UDTP V3 ( Unified Datagram Traversing Protocol) Version 3. I can send you the white papers on it if you want.

May I recommend just simply going with Camtrek - it's simplier solution but hey if you want to put the work into P/See Suite is no problem. We can even work a deal for the Open Source if you want.

Sincerely Neil L. Rideout Multicast Engineer Video Conferencing Consultant Inventor - Comcaster, P/See Suite, Sincewas, and Camtrek

formatting link
and most importantly
formatting link

Reply to
Camtrek

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.