Computer to Computer Video teleconferencing software with encryption

I want to be able to contact my wife via video teleconferencing and see and talk to her and our new baby.

For this purpose, I need software and hardware that can allow me to do with secure and privacy.

As soon we talk of video, anyone, from the ISP to anyone who can snoop, record and store the content for any latter mischief can work on it according to their leisure.

For this purpose, I am looking for open source programs that can be used to pipe the content.

Here are some ideas:

First, one can use netcat to write packet to any IP. The two people at the end of the two computers know each other's IP, so they can write packets to each others IP using netcat.

The video and audio content has to be converted to an optimum format and sent to each other in packets. A good compression, like VOIP is needed so that it is as close to real time as possible, and video can be optional.

Also a capability to record the conversation is needed.

The encryption scheme needed is very important. For example, we know that many shared key (like PGP) are poorly understood and possibly have a backdoor. What about dictionary based encryption ?

Here is the pipe flow

audio/video signal | VOIP type compression | more compression like arithmetic compression ? | encryption | netcat ---> listener on the other computer to reverse all these.

I would appreciate if one can pack these programs or modules and compile them.

There is no need to use skype with this.

John Klein

Reply to
john.f.klein
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
john.f.klein

Not in comp.lang.c++, gnu.emacs.help, or comp.unix shell.

Reply to
red floyd

Seriously, troll?

Reply to
Ioannis Gyftos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.