Canon VC-C4 infrastructure help needed!

Hello everyone,

I'm writeing diploma at my school about distance learning. I have few questions and maybe someone would explain me some hardware things? It would be great!

Imagine such video system. One Canon camera Canon VC-C4, few microphones with mixer, another document camera, and interactive whiteboard. Also we have computer for person who present all types of data (power point and so on) and all of this is plugged into one computer which records it and after all delivers wma files. There is no video server from canon for this camera, it is just plugged to some video card inside pc.

Ok, so these are my questions:)

1) What does it mean that canon camera support some kind of higher compression for prepareing signal for streaming? How it does it? 2) How it could be merged together? How do you think? What commercial software suppoort such operations? It is done automaticcaly after lesson. 3) What codec is used in wma? Is it some kind of mpg4? 4) What video card can be used? 5) How can look like conversion? I can imagine that video is collcted in some compression during lessons, so on audio and white board and it is merged together after all? But how?

maybe someone could reply me or advise to read some articles about it? There is no commercial software used in this process except final wma by windows media, so I wonder how it can work together and what protocols can be used and so on.

Thanks in advance!

Peter,

Reply to
piotr.dominik
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.