Working of payment through telephone

hi, Can i know the technical details on how the transaction is done for the below model of payment through telephone connection. I have seen an advertisement site where the advertiser would have to fill a form in which she gives details of ad, her email address etc, she would in turn get an email asking her to call a number and enter a code, the advertiser would get charged for the amount in the telephone bill.

Can someone tell me how this might be happening technically, wat are the elements of trust between the advertisement company and the telephone company. (i don't have much idea on the telephone network structure),

i am trying to guess the scenario, when the person calls the number, there might be a system (software) at the exchange which logs the caller's number and the code entered (here, how does the software know whether its a valid code for this caller's number, either it could get this info from elsewhere (e.g., the site's software system) or it need not bother about it as there is no need of any authentication as the very fact that a call is received means that the caller is willing to pay the amount (ofcourse, if there are many payments, e.g., x for some items, y for some others then it needs valid category code).

greene

Reply to
Greenhorn
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.