Use of Bell Logo: Qwest? SBC?

I see that Quest renewed its use of the tradename Mountain Bell on the Federal trademark register.. And

formatting link
will rollover to the Quest website which cleverly maintains usage of that old name! The old BellAtlantic name also rolls over to Verizon. PacificBell and NevadaBell names also do this trick. And if you look at posting names on newgroups etc. these old names are still attached to internet network backbone connections also. So the BELL names are still living on in most cases...even if quietly.

Reply to
GooJa
Loading thread data ...

Hello,

If I remember right, AT&T gave up the rights to BELL to the B.O.C. when they were broken off in the 80's.

About half of the Verizon Vans in the Northern Virginia area have the BELL System bell on the back, with the Verizon paint job, there are still some trucks in the Bell Atlantic colors and I saw one in BELL System colors still out there.

Fredb

Reply to
fredb

I've seen the Bell System bell on the back of Verizon vans in the Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts areas, but not on the back of Verizon vans in the Ft. Wayne, Indiana region. I'm assuming this is Verizon's way of maintaining their trademark rights to the logo in former Bell areas, considering the Ft. Wayne area was GTE.

Reply to
caylorman

None of the Vehicles in California have the Bell System Bell either. But on the pay phone they do. I started seeing them at 7 Eleven, Savon and Albertsons who must have contracts with them since the ones I have seen are not in their service area, now all of them have them, with the exception of a few places that still have the GTE signs and just Payphone.

Reply to
Steven Lichter

I've noticed similar things both on in New England and here. I do remember the verizon payphones in R.I. having the Bell logo at the top of their enclosure. Verizon phones in Ft. Wayne do not, although I have seen a access points for buried lines that still have GTE logos.

I seem similar instances at gas stations and such that have phone service from a company not in the area. The Ft. Wayne area is predominately Verizon (GTE), with the west portion of the county and counties west under Sprint (United Telephone of Indiana). However, I have seen a few Ameritech/SBC (Indiana Bell) payphones on the west side of the city. I can only assume as you did that they must have some type of contract to get connections from companies out of their service area.

Reply to
caylorman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.