Urgent Help needed w/ Panasonic DBS

Hi,

I just moved my Pana DBS system to a new office and now I seem to have a huge problem. It seems that any extension I dial I get a busy signal and the LDC says Not Installed. I've made no changes to the DBS. I simply turned it off and moved it. I'm redoing the cross connect exactly the way it was in the old location but it still doesn't work...

Any ideas?

BTW: I've been up all night working on this and there are people coming in today expecting the phones to work :(

Reply to
Robert R Kircher, Jr.
Loading thread data ...

I have dial tone at the extensions so I can dial out. I can not dial extension to extension nor does it seem that the system can ring an extension for an incoming call. One thing that does work however is vmail indicators and name displays. The ports know what ext should be on them to the extent that even the attendant port is still set....

I'm a complete newbie to this system so I may not be describing the problem all that well.

It seems to me that maybe it's lost some of its programming but not all, however, I'm not familiar with the systems defaults...

Reply to
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

Benn there, done that. Lost its program ? Went back to default ? Phone works at 66 block ? Phones work for lines, but not for ectension dialling ?

TerryS

Reply to
TerryS

Maybe he *IS* the service tech. I remember the time we moved an NEC Electra system that, when my tech plugged the system in, it fried the power supply.

Ouch!

We don't need no steenking tech support.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Actually, this one turned out to be something very simple. The prewired 66 block for the extensions was upside down. There was no indicator on the block as to what side was up. After flipping over the block things worked great.

As far as calling a tech goes, I agree completely except for when you call in advance of a move and they tell you the need more lead time then you have. I did call someone more familiar with the DBS system to have a look and with his help we were able to diagnose the problem. After flipping the block, it all went in as easy as it should have when I started.

In any event, that's for everyone's help. As the old adage says "all well that ends well."

Reply to
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

Easy enough mistake to make, certainly for a first-timer.

Short-notice moves of complete offices or groups are always difficult for a service shop. You have to recognize the fact that they're not sitting around playing cards, waiting for your call. You're not their only customer, especially if you're a Time & Material account without a service contract. You cannot reasonably expect them to drop everything just because you're tardy in notifying them. There's an old saying in this business, "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

Reply to
wdg

Again I agree but in this case it wasn't short notice. What it really means is it's time to find another vendor.

Reply to
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.