Talkswitch 48-CA

Anyone familiar with these guys? Talkswitch is the company. Talkswitch

48-CA is the model.

formatting link
Now thinking of going to them. The Panasonic 824 I keep getting told doesn't have enough v-mail options for most. Talkswitch has a smaller unit - the 24-ca but it only has 2 lines. I thought about the tda50 from Panasonic, but they say that a tech needs to install it. So it makes a $699 unit come in at close to 4k installed. Go figure. LOL! I don't understand. If a user can program the Panasonic 824, and it's not a world of difference to the Panasonic tda50 why can't the user also program it? Talkswitch 48-CA is $1400 + phones if needed. Can use regular phones or theirs. I can't find any reviews or discussions on the company or units which makes me nervous. I did find a guy selling their stuff on ebay:
formatting link
and he has no bad feedback so that's a big plus. Was hoping some people were using their systems that could give some info.

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
sales
Loading thread data ...

No, the Panasonic has THREE options for VM. I just suggested that you take door #3, the system with TVA-50. You could use CO based VM, or the Built-In-Voicemail card (BV), but you don't get much flexibility in those options.

If you don't like the control of the TDA-50, get the TAW848. Same instruction set for Analog phones and same voice mail. Your TA-824 with 3 display phones and VM was about $1300 street price, the TAW is about $1300 without phones. TA system is 3lines x 8 phones, the TAW is 4x4. The TDA-50 is actually less expensive when you go to expand it over the TAW because you get to use digital cards instead of hybrid cards and you have access to all 24 buttons on a digital phone vs. 12 usable buttons on the analog set.

Or look at the NEC DSX. The base package 8x16 with VM is about $1300 plus phones.

The Panasonic analog lets you mix phones, the TDA is a partial mix, and the DSX is all digital phones unless you buy an analog card.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Which has 3 options? The 824? I hear back and forth info from panasonic dealers. Some treat that like the step child and a couple others said it would be alright with mods. But each time they want to mod it or program it the $ goes way up which makes the talkswitch at $1400 the deal.

The TDA50 or tva50 seemes nice. But on those series they say a consumer cannot program those which means again I'm towards 3k which again makes the talkswitch a deal at $1400 which is why I've been considering it.

Any help is appreciated. I didn't think a phone system was going to be such an ordeal to purchase. The more I look into it the more confused I get.

Dave

Carl Navarro wrote:

Reply to
sales

Oh, I apologize. Yes, the 824. The 824 does have a few limitations in software which make it not as flexible as the TAW/TDA family. Most notably in VM is the lack of different levels of call forwarding by an extension. You either get all calls, or busy/no answer. The other two systems have 5 steps, all, busy, no answer, busy/no answer, or off premise.

Who they? It's not easy, but and end user can install and program a TAW848 and TVA50 with the software and CD's that come in the box.

The NEC DSX 80 comes out of the box as a working 8x16 with 4 ports of VM and 16 mailboxes assigned to the first 16 extensions.

Yep, it can be confusing. You get an idea that you want to install your own system, and then a dealer tries to sell you his pet brand, or worse, you get told that someone else's system is junk. The big 4 have over 50% of the key system market for a reason. (in Alphabetical order Avaya, NEC, Nortel, Panasonic btw) The systems they make are recognizable and dependable. Two of those 4 systems let you natively mix single and multi-line sets, and all 4 of them have enough help available because they are so popular.

Another source you might try is

formatting link
for the forums, or
formatting link
for Panasonic help.

Of course you could try an open system like Asterisk, now Trixbox :-)

Carl

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Yeah, its interesting how many addons are suggested as a really good idea to get to make the system useable. If they're needed so much they should be quoted as part of the basic system.

To be precise Trixbox

formatting link
is more of a novice setup package to help get Asterisk
formatting link
and running.

Reply to
Rod Dorman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.