T1 recommendation - Sprint vs AT&T

I would appreciate your input on which vendor to go with (AT&T vs Sprint) as far as speed, reliability, customer service, etc. My company has a Sprint T1 for our Headquarters in California, and a BellSouth fractional T1 in North Carolina. Both contracts will soon expire. We have AT&T voice at both locations so we may get AT&T managed T1's for both as well. On the other hand, the Sprint T1 has performed pretty well, and has only gone down two or three times in three years for 4 to 6 hours at a time. Plus we we would have to change a few public IP's for our MX records etc. if we leave Sprint.

Thanks, Coop

Reply to
Coop
Loading thread data ...

Speaking from a strictly technical stand, T-1s are pretty much a commodity so the deciding factors should touch on reliability, customer service and price. See if you can get better prices by aggregating the T with voice. You may get a better deal than if you buy voice and the T separately. The things phone companies love about HI-CAPs and data circuits is you put them in, nail them up, forget about them and let the money roll in.

When you do have a problem, be certain you have the circuit IDs handy, it is the only way the phone company can locate the circuits quickly.

Reply to
Justin Time

I've had situations where I've I've had good experiences with both, and I've had situations where I had absolutely deplorable situations

Everything else (delivery times, prices, equipment) being equal it really is a crap shoot.

And keep in mind that most the time either one of them is subject to the whims of your local telco who is maintaining the copper to your building.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Coop,

My experience has been that I've only had 6 outages from Sprint in a 1 year period. I worked for a conferencing company where I managed 280 T-1 and 800 LEC circuits. I have worked with every IXC carrier in North America. AT&T is pretty reliable, but if you ever need service its a nightmare to work with their tech support. On the other hand, Sprint's tech support is pretty good as long as you keep your explanation simple. I would recommend Sprint over AT&T.

Just my opinion. John

Reply to
yanni

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.