sx2000 console clid display

On an incoming call, the calling number is truncated on the SRC line. When a call is transferred from the console, the calling number doesnt seem to follow the call. And how do I get the calling name to display? (lw 29 q40 yeah I know it's as old as sand but it does work :)

What did I forget to do?

Thanks! Dave

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III
Loading thread data ...

What do you think a software upgrade would cost?

Oh and does anyone have an extra SX200 LW19.3 flash card? I've been nagging our "Elite" dealer for over 6 months and their excuse is that they can't burn a flash card because they don't have the equipment. (And their techs have NO clue how to do it either).

Dave

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III

Mitel greatly enhanced callerID presentation in LW 30 Rls 1 (R.01.11.3) and further enhanced callerID transfer presentation in LW 31 Rls 3 (T.37.6) (requires purchasing Feature Level 3). In this release CallerID would even follow with a call transferred off-net.

As far as truncating on the SRC line, try removing the "name" from the right-hand column of the associated trunk service number. On some consoles the SRC field is limited to 11 characters. Removing the trunk label might help.

Reply to
wdg

At this stage in the game Dave you cannot purchase LW 30 anymore because it too has been manufacture-discontinued but don't dispair, you can still go forward. My own guestimation is going from LW29 will cost somewhere around $5000 which will get you all the way up to the very latest load, LW33, but software only, no additional features and no hardware. What's tragic here is that procrastination probably cost you almost $2000 of that total compared to what the same upgrade would have cost last year. From what I know of your current system I think you're probably OK on hardware and most circuit cards, because I know you have an RSD drive and that requires an updated MSX card which you obviously have else your RSD wouldn't work. I'm guessing you have a 120 meg or larger hard drive. If not, that will be an additional expense. The Main control card also needs to be an MC-215AD, aka the MC-3E for LW 32 Rls 1 and above. The secondary market can probably help you there.

In considering these expenses, you probably need to be made aware that you also have the option of upgrading to a 3300-MX with a triple-fim card that will plug directly in to your MicroLight in place of your existing main controller, thus allowing you to have the advantage of the latest IP system and still be able to reuse all of your old peripheral cards, T1/PRI cards and instruments, everything but COV. Sorry I don't know cost, obviously more than $5k, but the software load on the 3300 is pretty much wide open, all options enabled, even Hotel/Motel. All you pay for going forward is IP set/user licenses and voice mail licenses if you need them. TDM licenses are all on by default. The 3300 chassis will also allow you to do tenanting, tho I believe that's one license you may need to add. (I don't think that one is turned on in the 3300 bundle).

If you're planning to keep your Mitel, the 3300 upgrade option would probably make the most sense.

Reply to
wdg

Cant agree with you more. this is now the normal practice for Microlite owners upgrading here in the UK, FWIR the cost is lower than the software upgrade path and you can enable the Voicemail in the 3300.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.