SWB circuit book

Its been a long time since I have had to order a circuit from Telco. Right now I need to order a two way ringdown with loop signaling. i.e.. going off hook on one end gives 20hz ringing at the other, and vice versa. But I have lost the manual they used to give out detailing the types of special circuits, with the code ordering numbers etc. And I cannot get anyone at AT&T to understand what I want. Does anyone know where this manual may be on the net ? It was about a twenty page narrow pamphlet.

TerryS

Reply to
Terry
Loading thread data ...

We didn't have codes back in the day, we just installed them :-)

The Wescom 7391 module took one 400 card space and had 2 wires in and

2 wires out. I think the order just called for a PLAR. Today, I'd use a Viking DLE-300 if I could control both ends.

I checked my Ohio Bell COG book and it wasn't listed...this from about

1988. I guess ARD's were special arrangement by then.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Two possbible things may help -- a magic acronym, and a 'FIC code'.

various telcos use slightly different acronyms several are

ARD -- automatic ringdown PLR -- private line ringdown PLAR -- private line automatic ringdown

FIC code

02LR2 -- 2-wire Private Line Automatic Ringdown, ringing from Local Exchange Carrier (LEC), 600 ohm

the FIC code is from: TIA/EIA TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS BULLETIN Telecommunications Telephone Terminal Equipment U. S. Network Connections Regulatory Approval Guide TSB-129-A (Revision of TSB-129) JUNE 2002

online at:

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Carl makes a good point.

If the application is within the same building you'd save a bunch of money buying a Viking device and making your own.

If it's for something like an elevator be sure to check with local building and fire codes as sometimes they only want to see certain manufacturers materials.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Thanks to all of you. That last FIC code looks like it..

TerryS

Reply to
Terry

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.