Stylish Expandable Cordless phones - Siemens Alternatives?

Hi,

I am interested in a new expandable cordless phone system to replace our Siemens Gigaset 2400-series. I looked at the Siemens Gigaset 4200 series as well as the SL30, however, it seems that in the USA there is limited availability of such phones, and that they do not rank too well.

In Europe, Siemens Gigaset offers many models and dominates the cordless phone market. They are small and stylish and reliable. Can anyone give me information if its worth buying such a system in the US, and if not, is there an alternative?

I looked at the consumer available options - Panasonic, Vtect, etc, but they all seem a bit toy-like.

Kind regards, George B.

Reply to
Pred02
Loading thread data ...

I spent about $450 on the 4200 series when it first came out. I'll never buy Seimans again. Sure, they were pretty and the features were nice- Talking caller ID that lost all the recorded names after a power outage, clicking and popping on the (all) of the handsets eventually, crummy tech support, etc. I just tossed the whole lot away about a month ago. I thought about putting it on ebay but didn't want to saddle someone with the junk. At least I was able to salvage the NiMh batteries.

I'm using Pana 5.8's now. They are bigger and bulkier, but they work

Reply to
Joe C

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.