Strata DK-16

Is it possible to have caller ID with this system ? Have not had a chance to check deeply in to this yet.

TerryS

Reply to
Terry
Loading thread data ...

It's been a while since I looked at it, but I think you can.

Best recollection is that it requires a card installed in the cabinet and the co lines half tapped into the card. And I think there were a couple of programming changes, too.

On a DK 16 the trick may be coming up with the card. That system has been out of production for 8 or 10 years.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Thanks. I remember this one was done on Comdial systems. However I pulled up the manual for the DK-16 (1993), and there is no mention of any such device. The guy wants to add voice mail and caller ID and keep his old system. Looks like he can't get all he wants.

TerryS

Reply to
Terry

You are correct.

I happen to have a copy of the DK16e/40/280/424 manual on my hard drive here at home. I started looking for the CID card for those models (TCIU or RCIU)and found a list of cards for the DK 16. There is indeed no mention of a CID card for the DK16.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.