Sprint PCS exchanges

Is it possible to identify which CO's in my area are used by Sprint, Nextel or other wireless providers? I am trying to identify calls in my log that may be from cellular numbers.

TIA

Coolbreeze

Reply to
coolbreeze
Loading thread data ...

I don't know. Can you read? In my area SPC is SPRINT SPECTRUM LP and Nextel is NEXTEL (duh).

formatting link
lists the tables for exchanges in 3 spreadsheets for the US. Pick your state and examine the exchanges you know and you'll eventually be able to figure out what your city code and the carrier code for the various carriers are.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

With number portability, this will become more and more inaccurate.

Brad Houser

Reply to
Brad Houser

Yep. I was thinking that today. Where are the "good old days" when you got a number based on where you lived and when you moved you got a new number :-) Where did the 3 digit area codes with a 1 or 0 go? Why do people walk around with phones glued to their heads?

Carl "things that make you go hmmmm" Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

I was thinking the same thing reading through this thread. Made me think back to when I was a kid growing up in a small town. We had a party line and I would pick up the phone only to hear the automated message: "You cannot make a call now because there is another party on your line."

How far th> >

Reply to
gregarican

"gregarican" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Hmmm... I've never heard of that message before. Whenever we picked up our party line that was already in use, we just heard the conversation in progress. I didn't live in a Bell area at the time though, it was a GTE (later Continental Telephone) region.

Reply to
J.P.

I ran into that too, as the neighbors would hear the off-hook click and start getting mad. But still I think back and recall an automated message playing but perhaps that was one of us hung up and the other person picked up too quickly. We had GTE then too (mid-Florida early

1970's). At least it beats Green Acres and climb> "gregarican" wrote in
Reply to
gregarican

formatting link

Reply to
Rich Greenberg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.