Splitters

I saw some ads once about a thingie you snap on a telephone extension cable and it pierces the wire and makes a jack right there. I own such things for electical extensions. I don't remember what they are called. I am trying to find a source on the net - for the phone kind.

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

formatting link
---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at
Loading thread data ...

Never seen 'em for phone lines. But if you are using a screw terminal cack it wouldn't be hard to do the same thing much more reliably since I would think trying to hit a single strand 22 ga wire but not any other conductors might prove to be a bit problematic.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Would you be looking for something like at these links?

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist

formatting link
or

Four pounds for 10 ?. Methinks he is talking about something for silver satin cable, that would work.

Reply to
Terry

Quite simply, THEY DON'T EXIST.

Phone cable is either twisted-pair -- so you can't reliably hit the internal wires. or 'flat satin' cable with about a 36(!!) ga conductor -- to small to hit reliably.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.