smallest device to connect amp'd headset to phone line?

Does a tiny, low-noise device exist that would let me connect my amplified telephone headset to my home phone line without needing a whole phone base in the path?

My Polycom desk phone is great but produces too much background noise on my amplified headset. So I want to be able to wire my headset in parallel to the wall, without having to use a whole bulky phone base (which might add noise of its own anyway).

Is there such a interface device, or is my best bet to scavange a cheap phone's internals and try to wire an ugly, crude looking thing?

Craig in NJ

Reply to
Craig in NJ
Loading thread data ...

With regards to the background noise, I would suspect the headset instead. You could easily check that by using the headset on another phone just for testing. Besides, Polycoms are normally on the upper part of that quality scale, so, if you are having problems with a Polycom phone, it makes me think of your headset as the source of the noise.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

I had done some experimenting using the amp+headset on my office phone at work, and it didn't suffer the noise. If I can bypass the Polycom somehow in a very simple way, I'm hoping the noise will go away.

Craig >Craig >

Reply to
CraigNJ

Why don't you just put a volume control in the line from the microphone to reduce the mic's sensitivity? Less sensitivity, less background noise.

Another way to reduce its sensitivity is to use something mechanical, such as a wad of cotton between the mic and the sound source/es.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.