SIGTRAN association startup

Hi ,

I was going through the RFC 2960 of SCTP .One doubt that i have is how does SCTP identify the remote end of the association.There's a destination port number in the SCTP common header ,but where does it specify a destination IP address ? sars

Reply to
sajuars
Loading thread data ...

A quick glance suggests that the destination endpoints are identified in an INIT chunk.

Reply to
Ken

But the IP address field in the INIT chunk is the address of the sending end point .It is from this INIT chunk that the destination end point gets the source IP address . So the question remains...where does the sender specify the remote IP address?

Reply to
sajuars

I think i got it ...the destination IP address is specified by the SCTP users like SUA ...in the CLDT message of SUA , there 's a destination address field .So when SCTP gets this message , it will make an INIT chunk and then sent to the IP layer , where an IP packet is made after taking the IP address from the SUA packet . Can any one cofirm this explanation ?

Reply to
sajuars

I'd better give it a less quick glance...

Reply to
Ken

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.