SBC PIC codes revealed

One long-held secret seems to be the PIC codes for SBC Long Distance. Well, I finally found them out, at least for here in California, so I thought I would post them here.

SBC Inter-LATA: 0372 SBC Intra-LATA: 9017

Reply to
Jim Gottlieb
Loading thread data ...

Would this be of any further help?....

formatting link

Reply to
burris

Do not under any circumstances look at this web page:

formatting link

Reply to
John R. Levine

I realize there are lists of all PIC codes available, but that doesn't always help. For example, browsing those lists doesn't really tell you which code is for SBC Intra-LATA LD in California, as SBC has tons of codes assigned to them.

So I still submit that the info I posted could be useful. And neither of the web pages posted in response to mine list the 9017 code.

Reply to
Jim Gottlieb

OK, I give. What benefit does knowing those codes provide me.

(If it's illegal, don't bother to answer.)

Reply to
Wes Groleau

I really don't know what you are looking for, but this site will give you most all of the PIC codes for the carriers.

formatting link

Reply to
burris

It's only a secret among people too dim to visit NANPA and download the complete lists at:

formatting link

Reply to
John R. Levine

I wasn't looking for anything. Whosit posted the "incredible find" of two codes, you and four others showed that they are publicly available, but I still see no value at all in knowing them.

If someone tells me that 1010234 lets me call Zimbabwe for $0.0234 per minute, that means something. But there's NO WAY I am going to try a thousand codes from one of those websites and then check my phone bill to find out which one was the cheapest.

And I'm not trying to be argumentative--I'm just asking, "What benefit does knowing those codes provide me?"

Reply to
Wes Groleau

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.