RJ25 Splitter Adapter

Hi, I've recently moved into a house that has cat5 wiring running to all of the phone jacks. I believe the jacks themselves are RJ25 jacks - that is, there are 3 pairs of wiring in the jacks (and one pair is behind the jack not tied into anything).

Anyway, I've wired up line 2 to my VOIP line and it is easy to find an adapter that splits a jacks into a 2 line jack (L1 L2 L1+2). I'd like to wire up line 3 but I'm having an impossible time finding something that will split an RJ25 into L1 L2 L3 L1+2+3.

The link below is exactly what I'm looking for but it appears to be discontinued

formatting link
have any ideas on how I can solve this?

Thanks, arn

Reply to
Arn
Loading thread data ...

Home depot in our area carry these that will split 4 lines. Is your jack a 6 pin jack or an 8 pin jack? If it is an 8 pin jack then check home depot.

Reply to
t568aort568b

Home depot in our area carry these that will split 4 lines. Is your jack a 6 pin jack or an 8 pin jack? If it is an 8 pin jack then check home depot.

Reply to
t568aort568b

Reply to
t568aort568b

Thanks but ours is a 6 pin jack - an RJ25. I've seen lots of splitters for 8 pin jacks.

Reply to
Arn

Just get a four port faceplate and install the 4 jacks and wire them up. Or use a four port surface mount box instead.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

That does sound like the safest and clearest solution!

Is the OP getting 2 lines from VoIP and 1 from POTS?

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.