Panasonic tda50 with tva50 transfer to voicemail question (say it aint so)

Our integrator put together a TVA50 with a TVA50 on T7633 handsets for us. They then leave us a document that says to transfer a call to voicemail we have to do the following:

Hit Transfer Type 165 Type # 6 Type mailbox number

Oh please say it aint so. I was expecting something more like

Hit Transfer Hit users named button on the right side buttons hang up.

How can I make this easier. There's no way our users are going to remember 4 steps to transfer a call into voicemail.

Help!!! :O

Roveer

Reply to
Roveer
Loading thread data ...

It an't so.

There are 3 buttons you need to reserve for VM handling, VMT (VM Transfer), 2W Record and 2W Transfer.

VMT is used to transfer a call to voice mail. You press this button and the DSS or dial the extension of the mailbox you want to transfer a call to and the outside party hears the entire greeting.

2W record records your conversation into your mailbox. With the 2.1 patch, it can record the conversation as a new message . 2W Transfer records your conversation in someone else's mailbox. Say someone calls you for and doesn't want voice mail. You can take the message "by Hand" but still record it into the recipient's voice mail. You interview and the VM records the message.

In your case the codes are PROG press a button dial 94, 90 or 91 respectively + 165 and STORE

All of this is in the TDA Operating Manual. If you need one, I just happen to have it stored on my web site. How convenient :-)

formatting link

Carl

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Thanks for the reply.

Mostly way over my head. Hopefully our integrator can make heads or tails.

Questions:

Can I make these changes myself without having to involve our integrator? What will the "transfer to voicemail" process be after having sucessfully made the changes? Before asking anymore stupid questions, I will RTFM and see if I understand your post a little better.

Roveer

Reply to
Roveer

Ouch!

Break it down like this. You have 24 programmable buttons on a phone. Pick any 3...preferably the same 3 on every phone. Label them as above. The one you need most is VTR-Voice Mail Transfer. On the phone, the 1st button of the 4 soft keys under the display is marked PROG when the phone is idle. Press it. Press the button you just labelled VTR. The display will read whatever is under the button now. Dial 94165 and press the 4th soft key marked ENTER (or the round buttron in the navigator key, or STORE). The phone will beep. At this point, just press the 2nd soft key marked EXIT.

Your button is now VTR. Have someone call in and you answer on that phone. Now to transfer a call into voice mail, press the VTR button and either dial their extension, say 115, or press the DSS (extension button if you have it on your keystrip) and hang up.

The outside party will go the voice mail.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Carl,

Worked like a charm!!! Can't believe it was that easy and now wonder more than ever what the heck my integrator was thinking. I actually have printed documentation from them saying transfer, 165, pound 6 mailbox number. Can you believe that!!! Now my users can actually use their phones. I can't thank you enough. After following your most recent instrucitons, I re-read your original post and it makes much more sense. I'm also going to give the manual a good read. Funny, probably one of the first things (besides the software) the integrator whisped away never to be seen again. Do you know what panasonic's stand is on these systems? We had it installed by a certified integrator, but arent' we entitled to the software to make changes going forward? Our integrator says no, but I have to think differently.

Is there a way for me to tell if I have the 2.1 patch on my system from a handset? The 2w option is something that I think we'd use once in a while.

My greatest thanks.

Roveer

Reply to
Roveer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.