Panasonic DBS programing question

voicemail.

Without the manual, try looking in programming option 407 408 409 410.

Set DIL for trunk 9 to 400.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro
Loading thread data ...

Oops, wrong system.

Let's try this agian in a couple of minutes.

Reply to
Carl Navarro

VM sits in a hunt group, so it's programmed via FF4 1# for day and 2# for night. HG1 is either 79 or 151 then trunk then 1 to make it ring.

Something like FF4 1# 79# 09# 1# ought to make HG1 ring in day mode. Now you need to know what group 400 is.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

I need to program a back door number that will go directly into voicemail. My line is on trunk 9 and my voicemail is on port 29

-32 ext 401-404 in hunt group 1 ext400.

I've been all through the programming manual and can't find anything that seems to make this work.

Any ideas?

TIA

Reply to
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

Carl,

Thanks for the reply. I think I've read the programming manual from cover to cover today (all 500 pages or so) and I did see that setting. Of the several things I tried I pretty sure I tried that but at this point I'm not sure. I do know that the first thing I tried was setting the trunk as a private line by setting it to ring the VMs first ext port. Now that I've done that I don't know how to set it back to no port.

Now I know the golden rule, Call a professional, but this is the last thing I have to do and I really don't want to call in the big guns for something I know should be easy to setup.

The biggest problem I have is I can't get into the system using a Terminal program. The last Panasonic system I worked with I could get in with a terminal app and do thing zip zap. I hate programming the thing from the phone because it's not easy to see what the current setting are. I know I can cycle through using the # and * key but I find that tedious.

Anyway, I'll try the FF#4 commands tomorrow and see how it goes.

BTW, Please tell me you looked that up!!. ;-)

Reply to
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

Of course I had to. I didn't make a market in DBS but I have the manual on paper and CD.

Port to Ring Group IIRC was listed as being available in all CPU versions.

cn

Reply to
Carl Navarro

LOL. Thanks again Carl. I was able to get it to work this morning once I figured out how to clear the private line setting on the trunk. After that it worked just as advertised with the FF#4 command.

Reply to
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.