Nortel T1 loop start protocol question

Hello Nortel PBX Techs,

We have a software IVR application that has been compatible with Meridian Option 81 & Option 11 for years and uses a T1 interface for the voice connection. For the past few years we have generally used a NT5D11AE model T1 card programmed with 500 Stations for each channel in

a simple OPX-style interface. The circuit card is configured with jumpers to use D4 framing, AMI line coding and loop start protocol. We

became very familiar with the robbed-bit signalling the switch would provide to indicate call arrival, seizure, and diconnect and configured

our software to recognize these successfully.

I anticiapte some changes have occurred recently in either the model of

T1 card or firmware for it which Nortel currently releases to site. Could someone please provide any resources I could investigate to help determine if changes occurred, specifcally in relation to how a loopstart digital circuit would be administered?

It could be that we have just run into a rash of people who are not familiar with conguring the Nortel exactly how we need it to be, but from what I can tell -- they have configured things correctly.

We are able to establish the actual DS1 link no problem, so I am confident the basic pinout, framing, and line coding have been attended

to properly.

Our primary difficulty currently is that te switch is able to deliver a

ringing call to a port, and our application sees the signal and answers. Everything goes according to plan, although we seem to lack the expected bit change (a-1) when the call disconnects.

To the best of our ability we have narrowed this down to Rev.2 of the above board works whereas Rev. 3 does not.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Tony

Reply to
TZ
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.