MITEL SX2000

Can someone please help me remotely connect to my SX2000 PBX

I have tried different software ire TTWIN3 and Kermit 95 not still no joy

please can someone help

Reply to
n1cks21
Loading thread data ...

I use ProcomPlus and have used Hyper Terminal.

Reply to
IBNFSHN

MITEL set up for a USRobotics Sportster Modem is as follows:

Modem Dipswitch settings (D=down, U=up)

1 = D 2 = D 3 = U 4 = D 5 = U 6 = U 7 = U 8 = U

Send the following Modem setup commands (once): First send this command: AT&F1 (calls up factory defaults) Now send this command: AT&R1 (Ignore RTS) Finally send this command: AT&W0 (write it to NVRAM)

Enter the command ATI4 (that's "eye-four" not "14") to confirm proper setup.

Now POWER-CYCLE the modem.

Cable connections (requires a custom-made DB9 female-to-DB25 male cable wired thusly:

MODEM PBX side side

DB25 DB9

2 2 3 3 7 5 5 7&4 (tie together)

One last thing. Beware that MITEL's factory default passwords are on the net and are common knowledge. Therefore please, by all means, change all of the default passwords for each of the 4 userIDs, including: SYSTEM INSTALLER MAINT1 MAINT2

Good luck..

Reply to
wdg

What settings did you use for Hyper Terminal ?? I tried to use HT it did seem to connect but the screen was blank

any help would be great

cheers

N!CK

Reply to
n1cks21

I couldn't remember so I did a test call. Other then changing the emulation to VT100, everything else was default. It worked fine.

Reply to
IBNFSHN

I tried Hyper Terminal, It connected but the screen was blank I typed in bin and I got the following response :- Next enter: STATUS or RESETS or SOFTWARE or ALL or EXCEPTION...

also if I type in LIST I get :-

Next enter: SHOW or CHECK or SET

what I want to know is when I connect how do I get the Maintenance Menu up ????

Reply to
n1cks21

You've GOT IT!! try sending a screen repaint request (Control-W)

Reply to
wdg

Hi

CTRL w will refresh the screen

if logged in cu takes you to the cde menu or if in cde then esc q a few times will get you to the maint command screen

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.