Mitel 3300 ICP increasing callback while on hold

I've been unsuccessfully trying to increase the time the phone rings back when you put someone on hold. It currently rings back after 30 seconds but we want to increase it to 120 seconds. We've put this in seconds under 'Class of Service Options Assignment' & Call Hold Timer but hasn't made any difference. Can anyone help or point us in the right direction? Thanks

Reply to
Nalle
Loading thread data ...

Hi Nalle,

If its an external call that you are outting on hold that is recalling too quickly, you need to change the Call Hold Timer in COS of the trunks and not the Handset.

This should fix your issue.

Gavin

Reply to
SirGavinofCaldicot

In your Class Of Service form be sure to set "USE CALLED PARTY CALL HOLD TIMER" to YES.

Otherwise the hold time is controlled by the CALLING party (internally) or by the trunk (externally)

Reply to
wdg

Thanks, I have tried both of the above and neither of them have worked. Does it take a while to work or do we need to reboot the system or something?

Reply to
Nalle

No the change is instantaneous.

Is it an external call from your network carrier or internall call?

What Software Version is the 3300 running?

Reply to
SirGavinofCaldicot

It is an external call and the software version number is 5.2.6.8_1

Reply to
Nalle

I should also point out that underneath the version number it said for both system relink and call control relink that 'No Relink has been applied' does this mean anything to you?

Reply to
Nalle

The relink applies to any patches that have been applied I think.

I have verified what I have told you on a test system in our lab and it works as it should.

I would look at the Trunk Service Assignment and verify that the trunks have the COS that you think they have. You could also run a CCS trace and watch your call comming into the 3300 and record the trunk number.

Reply to
SirGavinofCaldicot

I think I've found the problem..Looking in the Trunks Service Assignment it is set to COS 1 when the phones are on COS 2. I didn't set it up initially but have been left with maintaining it which I guess is why when we do any changes it doesn't work. Do you know how to do CSS trace? had a look in help but it didn't actually say how to do it.

Reply to
Nalle

To start a CCS trace go to Maintenance & Diagnotics -> Maintenance Commands -> All. Type: ccs tr en cont and click submit. This will show you all the trunk information inbound and outbound ofr your 3300. You must make sure to switch it off again once finished. To stop the trace type: ccs tr dis.

It is not recommended to use COS 1 for anything. As you already know, COS 1 is the default everything.

Reply to
SirGavinofCaldicot

Managed to do trace and it looks like it all about the COS numbers. Thanks very much for your help.

Reply to
Nalle

You seem on top of it. As some have stated an external trunk uses the its COS when applying timers, except when "used called device" is turned on.

Reply to
DPGumby

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.