Merlin Magix not going to voicemail for 1 extension

Hi All --

We have a Merlin Magic system and one of the extensions does not have voicemail associated with it. Voicemail is set up, but I am having trouble finding out how to Cover to Voice Mail (I think that's the term for it). I would like to do this from the dial-in programming (I don't have access to the PC programming, currently). Can someone point me in the right direction? I have been reading the manuals, but not finding what I need. We have release 2.5 of MERLIN Messaging System.

Thanks,

Dan

Reply to
Dan
Loading thread data ...

The coverage is in the telephone programing, not in the voice mail. Go from the console, into extensions, more, group coverage, enter group (prob one), enter, dial ext #, enter. Back to group, enter #, inspect to see what exts are covered.

TerryS

Reply to
TerryS

Thanks TerryS. When you say console, do you mean the unit that controls the entire phone/voicemail system, or are you talking about one of the phones itself? We have mostly 4412D+ phones, with one 4424 (?) that has a larger display. I thought several admin functions could be performed on this larger display phone.

On the 4414D+, when I hit speaker, #00, Start, it asks me to select a button, making me think I'm programming a button for the phone rather than the default coverage group options for that phone. Is this the method you were suggesting?

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
Dan

Do your programming from the 4424LD+ telephone.

Menu System Programming Start Extensions

-> (Right Arrow) Group Cover

30 Enter Extension Number Enter Exit
Reply to
Touch Tone Tommy

Thank you for all the advice. I was unable to do this via the 4424LD+ phone. I do not get an "extensions" option, just an option asking which button I would like to program. However, my collegue came back to the office and showed me how to do this via the PC application. Your info of cover groups / 30, made the solution very quick once I could get logged on. Thanks! Dan

Reply to
Dan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.