MeetMe problems on conference bridge served by DMS-100

My agency use a Meet Me conference bridge with an upper limit of 30 callers. The bridge runs on a DMS-100 switch we do not administer, and which we hope to replace in the next 90 days.

The gobetween we have to talk to, in order to report telecomm problems, says the clipping and distotrion we've been hearing on our large meeting room sound enhancement system, is caused by a "lockup" which is caused by either:

1) a conference call participant linking our conference to a conference he creates, bey either calling from his phone system to a third party, or when someone else in a caller's office conferences internally by joining the call from another extension, so two or more handsets are connected over one line to the MeetMe line.

2) When a particpant terminates the call, but does not wait long enough for the line to drop. It''s as if they're hookflashing insteading of leaving the line idle long enough to drop.

The gobetween has been told to tell us that once either occurs, the conference bridge will misbehave until the ILECH tech 'reseets' it (which takes overnight).

I'm kinda underthrilled about this, and am eager to replace it, but have to use this system in the interim.... is the ILEC rep blowing smoke? If not, what's the best weay to handle this?

WHat has your experience been eith 30-seat conf call s/w on this DMS-100?

Thank you, all.

All you sales droids out there, we've already bought, and must implement the new gear with the selected contractor. Therefore, don't waste your time calling to sell us something.

Reply to
John Bartley K7AAY
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.