Making incoming calls also ring a phone line in remote office?

Hello

We are about to have a second office, in a different city, and would like that, when a call comes in on the number that customers are used to dial, it will also ring a phone in the remote office, so that whoever is available picks up the call. In other words, I'm not looking for call rerouting.

Does someone know whether this feature is available from telco's or ISP's, or do I have to get some miniPBX to make this happen?

Thank you.

Reply to
John Doe
Loading thread data ...

Most of the voice-over-ip providers have the option of taking a call addressed to "your" phone number, and then "blast" routing it to umptity secondary locations at the same time, with a "first pick up gets it" choice.

That's probably the simplest and cheapest technique.

Most typically that's used by people sending the call to their office and their cell phone, but you can mix and match pretty much anything.

The person calling in doesn't have any (obvious) indication the call is being treated any differently from a "normal" one.

Reply to
danny burstein

Cool. How does it work? Do I subscribe to a VoIP carrier, and buy a couple of SIP phones, one for each location, and voilà?

Reply to
John Doe

You subscribe to a VoIP carrier at your main location, and you install the adapter they provide and plug a phone or maybe a PBX trunk into it. Then you go to their web site and tell them the numbers of all the other places you want it to ring, typically POTS or cell phones you have anyway.

R's, John

Reply to
John L

Great. I'll check this out, in addition to setting up Asterisk in the main office, and see which is cheaper.

Reply to
John Doe

It's even simpler than that. I have the Packet8 variant. I call forward my office phone to my Packet8 line and simul ring my cell phone at the same time. Both lines ring and I can answer either one. The best part is that I get CID delivery even when I answer my call on the cell phone, something that Verizon forgot to include in the billing.

Of course, I only get NUMBER delivery with Voip.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Interesting :-)

formatting link
Before delving into Asterisk, I'll see what VoIP carriers are avaible in Europe, and what features they offer. Thx.

Reply to
John Doe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.