Looking for a phone system for a small psychological office

Hello all,

I'm looking for a telephone solution for a small psychologist's office. Specifically, I'm looking for a solution which works in the following setting:

- 2 offices

- 3 (analog) phone lines: one common, and one private line per office

- The private lines are shared with fax machines (the fax machines listen for tones as an answering system picks up; this is tested and working.)

The sticking issue with all the solutions that I've come up with so far has been with voicemail. In particular, both offices need to be able to listen to messages on the common lines, but must to be able to *not* listen to messages that came in on the private lines (due to patient confidentiality issues.) I'm not looking for hard security, but enough separation that one won't end up listening in by mistake.

Additionally, concealed space is at a premium (there certainly is no wiring closet), so it is desirable that as little equipment as possible is involved.

Many thanks,

-hpa

Reply to
H. Peter Anvin
Loading thread data ...
[Default] "H. Peter Anvin" said on that big USENET thingie:

You might have a look at the TMC EV4500 phone system. It sounds like it would meet and exceed your criteria. You can download the manual from the website BEFORE any purchase to make sure it is the right system for you.

formatting link
Steve

Reply to
support

You might want to look at the ESI S class system. I think it could meet your need. Here's a link.

formatting link
Take care, Rich

god bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Hi there,

This system seems to have the same flaw that *all* key systems I have looked at does, which is that it maintains the assumption that one extension == one mailbox. The end result is that the general voicemail ends up getting mixed with one of the members' voicemail, and that is unacceptable.

Adding a dummy phone somewhere for the general delivery is of course doable, but it means that the members can't see on their respective phones when there is general delivery voicemail and will probably miss it.

-hpa

Reply to
H. Peter Anvin

REPOST

[Default] snipped-for-privacy@sellcom.com said on that big USENET thingie:

Reply to
support

That's a feature right on up through bigger switches like the Avaya Prologix. However that switch does have the ability to have fictional extensions so you could setup one as a general voice mail box. Another feature is that extensions can light the message lamp on any other extension. So for example, lets say you have x2340 as your voice mail general box. It lights a message waiting light on the attendant console at x1276.

The problem is that the Prologix is a pretty pricey piece of gear.

Reply to
T

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.