Line booster?

I have a certain extention that is almost 100ft with several junctions.

It seemt the last 25 ft don't work. Are there devices which strengthen/extend the signals?

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

formatting link
---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at
Loading thread data ...

There are amplifiers for long loops

formatting link
(for example)

but if it's a digital you may be out of luck

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

So, after traveling via crummy old low grade telephone cable for anything from 1 to 5 miles from the telco to your house, that last 100 feet is killing it????

You've got a cabling problem, which if fixed will allow it to work just fine without any for of loop extender.

Check all of those "several junctions".

Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

What Floyd said.... A friend is 41,500 feet from his CO. He managed to kill his phone with a bad 25 ft cable. [The modular jack on the end was corroded and shorting out...]

Reply to
David Lesher

Now see when I read extension in the OP I thought single line extension on a key or PBX system. Those have very finite distances that are far less than several miles. It also depends on how many devices he has on that extension.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

You are right.. a modem worked but a cheap telephone didn't.. but the cheap phone had worked without the last extension..

I'm wondering tho.. I'm going bats trying to find those self-piercing connectors you snap onto a phone wire and they add an outler right on the wire. I got them for AC power and I've seen them for phone, but I can't locate any of them online!

Reply to
Vasos Panagiotopoulos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.