LANI and Calltrol Dialers

Hi all. I'm at a loss. I am a Project Manager for a medium-sized teleservices company. We are attempting to send project level caller ids on multiple projects. We are using a Calltrol Dialer and have AT&T T-1s, but it is a very small LEC that is really a Mom & Pop shop. We were told we needed to put the "LANI" feature on our ISDN lines (which we did), and now we are able to send our company's Caller ID, but not specific project Caller IDs. This has been going on for over 6 months now, and I'm at wits end. I've been told we need to do a data dip to send these IDs, but I have a hard time believing that. I've also been told the only way to send the ID is to use the UUI field, but that doesn't make sense to me either because it is an AT&T proprietary field.

Has anyone had this problem, or better yet, solved it?

Thanks in advance.

Tim Loeffelholz

Reply to
TimInDBQ
Loading thread data ...

Tim,

Typically, the Caller ID, which goes in the calling number IE in the ISDN setup message, will get overwritten by the switch you are attached to. Thus, if your call center sends the calling number IE, the switch will over write it with your number. In NI2, the network side of the ISDN interface has a provisionable feature that allows the calling number IE to be passed from the user to the network instead of overwriting it. You might want to talk to your mom&pop LEC and see if you can control this feature. (Refer to Telcordia specs GR-268 and GR-1268 for the details).

Regards, Bill Matern

Reply to
Bill Matern

Thanks so much Bill. I still have one question. Regardless of how small the LEC is, are the chances pretty good they will have this feature available? Is it possible we can have the provisioning done through our AT&T T-1s if the LEC can't/won't work with us?

Thank you again.

Tim

Reply to
TimInDBQ

Tim,

Telcordia GR-1268, which specifies the network side of the ISDN interface (the switch side), a parameter called CPNPA. This parameter which can be set to yes or no, controls:

Calling Party Number Presentation Allowed: This parameter indicates whether or not the SPCS (the switch) should pass the calling party number information received from the calling user equipment (or determined by use of a default DN (directory Number)) on call originations from this DN to the called party.

There is another parameter, CPDDN, which assigns the directory number for your interface which will get used and passed on when the CPNPA is set to NO.

This would be done by whomever the T1 line/IDSN service is connected which is probably your LEC. If the switch is from a major vendor (lucent/Nortel) then I am sure that they have it. If from a minor equipment vendor, it is likely that they have this feature since this would be part of the switch fraud prevention capabilities. (i.e. calling someone and changing the caller ID by passing your own calling party information). It is hard to know for certain, but this seems like this is the likely candidate especially since calling number information started passing once you turned it on at your equipment but is getting changed.

Good Luck,

Bill Matern

formatting link

Providers of source code software for building the physical layer of T1, E1, T3, E3, SONET/SDH as well as ISDN protocol stacks.

Reply to
Bill Matern

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.