Help please

HI, I live in San Jose CA and so does a friend of mine. Whenever I call his cellphone I just dial locally since we are in the same areacode.

I tried calling him today, like I normally do, but I get an international ring and then a recorded message saying, "International calls cannot be made to the area you are calling to" or something like that.

He had mentioned he was going overseas. So I am curious to know if he switched to an "International mode" or something like that. And if he did then How can I get a hold of him via his cellphone? Any help in this matter will greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
hajamut75
Loading thread data ...

It depends upon the way international roaming works for your friend.

If it was GSM, and your friend was roaming internationally, you would be billed only for a local call but your friend would be billed for international roaming.

Location confidentiality was a major design consideration in the design of the GSM network, i.e. it should not be possible to find the location of the user by just dialling his or her number.

Deepa

--

formatting link
2.5 - Generate Message Sequence Charts in PDF and Word

Reply to
EventHelix.com

Did you try dialing with 1+408 and the number? I have had that problem with my cell phones from time to time. He could be in a country where he is unreachable too.

Brad H

Reply to
Brad Houser

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.