HELP on 3600 MainStreet -setting T1 Frame type

Desperate looking for help. Config on 3600 MainStreet 1115-H0-30 for a Dual T1 card was reset by mistake and now the circuit is unable to come up. The T1 provider testes the circuits but tell us that the frame type coming from the MUX is incorrect. They state the frame type should be ESF (extended super Frame) but they keep seeing SF (super Frame) coming from the MUX. I went over the configuration and can not find any where to set the frame type. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

This is on a: Newbridge 3600 MainStreet Generic 1115-H0-30

Copyright 1986, 1994 Newbridge Networks Corporation

And the Dual T1 card is part # Dual T1 Card 1003558 New90-0564-01

Reply to
vwblue
Loading thread data ...

I *can* almost remember which menu thats in, I seem to remember its the same one where you set the line build out but don't hold me to it. Anyhow keep looking, it quite definately is there someplace.

H.

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

Howard,

I appreciate the input, but i looked thru these menus and can't find where to change the line build out. Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Howard Eisenhauer wrote:

Reply to
vwblue

Wish I could but I havn't touched one for 3-4 years & I don't have access to the manuals anymore.

I assume you're using the serial rs232 interface with something like procomm for the terminal.

If you can tell me the following it might jog my memory-

What menu choices pop up on the main menu?

What are the next level down menu choices for each of the main choices?

H.

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1160322003.941238.309590 @i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

If you provide a with a good e-mail address, I can attempt to send you the manual in PDF file format as an attachment. About 11Meg's.

Suggest that you go to Config Circuit off the main menue, and select the DS1 slot assignment & port. ie: 1-1/2 or, 1-A/B. The port ID is either listed as A or B, or with a numeric representation (Depends if you are using the Network Manager 46020/4601, or a local session via NMTI).

Once you have accessed t he Dual T1 card, the frame format option is simple, and shown as D4 (Default) or ESF. T1 line code is a little different.

JB7 Jam Bit 7 (A Zero code suppresson feature for AMI) Transparent. AMI wioth no ZCS feature. B8ZS, know as it is.

Pre Equalizer options. 0 thru 655 feet (22AWG ABAM).

Good luck.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.