[Fwd: [yate] we hire!!!]

Hello, C++ Programmers!

IMHO, forwarding this (see attachment) could be helpful to some of the C++ Programmers looking for a good job.

Hope that helps,

Thanks, Regards,

Reply to
Dr Balwinder S Dheeman
Loading thread data ...

Plonk!

Reply to
Ivan Vecerina

I'm proud being a romanian :(

Reply to
asterisc

: > We have 2 open positions for c++ developers in Bucharest, Romania. : > Please send the CV's on my personal e-mail address at: diana at voip.null.ro : >

: > Diana Cionoiu : : I'm proud being a romanian :(

You can.

Idiocy has no homeland, even though idiots tend to have one.

Best regards, Ivan

Reply to
Ivan Vecerina

Stupid!!

Please read before you reply, and for your kind information the reply address was duly given in the forwarded message.

What'as the bloody SPAM you found?

YATE (Yet Another Telephony Engine)

formatting link
is an F/LOSS (Free/Libre Open Source Software) PBX project natively developed by Null Team, Romania on Linux and has recently been ported (sponsored by Sangoma Technologies Corporation
formatting link
for Windows also.

They want to hire 2 full-time C++ programmers to work in Bucharest, Romania. They will work mostly on development of Yate and related applications.

Reply to
Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

Ivan found your spam.

As a Dr you should have learned to check out how to use something (in this case, Usenet) before trying to use it.

Cross-posting to several unrelated groups is bad enough. And your job offer is OFF TOPIC in all groups posted to (read their FAQs, Dr). Which means you've acted like an inconsiderate, less than intelligent spammer.

Reply to
Alf P. Steinbach

You really are a f****ng moron, responding to someone who has plonked you. You also posted an attachment to a Usenet article, further evidence of your idiocy.

Reply to
Dave Uhring

As it says in this newsgroup's FAQ:

Should I post job advertisements and/or resumes on comp.lang.c++?

NO!!!

Job ads, off-topic in comp.lang.c++, give the impression of an employer that is irresponsible and/or technically clueless - not the impression you want to make! Instead post your job ad / resume on one of the dozens of *.jobs.* newsgroups that are designed for that purpose.

formatting link

I've left in the cross-post, but set follow-ups to clc++.

Brian

Reply to
Default User

I don't know about the other newsgroups here, but in general the C++ newsgroup FAQ summarizes the situation well:

formatting link
"Job ads, off-topic in comp.lang.c++, give the impression of an employer that is irresponsible and/or technically clueless".

We are aware that some of the responses give the impression of newsgroup members who are completely clueless and rude; that's no excuse.

You would do much better networking in your communities than collating a stack of resumes from all over the world.

Reply to
Phlip

You should have said this in your first msg instead of making it look like Yet Another Piece of Headhunter SPAM. ;-)

-wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

I don't think these groups are unrelated to YATE and even each other.

FYI, It is not my job offer, I only was trying to spread the word by forwarding an offer from Free/Lire Open Source Software developer company. FYI, I have no any direct and, or indirect commercial relations with them.

Reply to
Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

I was me, who is trying to spread the word for a Free/Libre Open Source Software project, not the employers themselves.

Ok, But that's is clearly mentioned in the request they need it for Bucharest, Romania.

Reply to
Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

Admitted, that's my mistake. I should have re-phrased their requirement properly; I shall definitely take great care in the future, thanks.

Thanks a lot, With due regards,

Reply to
Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

So ..., is that makes you feel an intelligent and, or more learned person?

What's wrong in posting and, or forwarding a small text message in its original form to the Usenet? What would be the difference if someone includes the same text instead of attaching it?

Thanks, but no thanks.

Reply to
Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:16:19 +0530 Dr Balwinder S Dheeman waved a wand and this message magically appeared:

How much are they paying for a C++ developer?

Reply to
Alex Buell
[snip]

Do you really need that one spelling out..? Anything could be in an attachment. Nobody with any sense opens them.

My thoughts exactly. Take your spam elsewhere (but not to any groups I subscribe to, please).

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

: >> On 04/20/06 22:39, Ivan Vecerina wrote: : >>> Plonk! : >> Stupid!!

Let me summarize the story: I notice that a totally off-topic message is posted. A message that makes one waste even more time by requiring the opening of an attachment. Many people read these forums to provide help and assistance to people who may need it. A valuable helper is even more likely to waste his time because he will pay attention to an unanswered post.

All I did was make a favor to the online community by labeling your thread as what it is - SPAM.

You call this stupid?

: >> Please read before you reply, and for your kind information the reply : >> address was duly given in the forwarded message. : >

: > You really are a f****ng moron, responding to someone who has plonked you. : > You also posted an attachment to a Usenet article, further evidence of : > your idiocy. : : So ..., is that makes you feel an intelligent and, or more learned person?

I found Dave's comment to be rather entertaining and to the point. I had such a good laugh that it even made me read this whole thread again, and even dig out your reply.

: What's wrong in posting and, or forwarding a small text message in its : original form to the Usenet? What would be the difference if someone : includes the same text instead of attaching it?

What makes you think that a significant ratio of people in these newsgroups might be looking for a job ? And if someone is indeed looking for a job, how likely is he to be interested in a position based in Romania ? More importantly, how many similar job postings would we have to tolerate on these forums, daily, if yours was to be acceptable ?

You claim you have no connection with the original job poster, but who will believe that you pick random postings to submit them here?

Try to think, Dheeman, was your posting here any more relevant or better targeted than a penis enlagement pill or a refinancing offer would be? It is just as irrelevant to most of us.

Some have kindly tried to explain this situation to you, and you still act like you don't understand ?!?!?

Whether you like it or not, Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman is now known as a spammer. Too bad for you if this is your real name.

And you are the joke of the party.

I feel pity for you, so here's my final advice:

Shut up and disappear ! Run!!!

anything but a humble apology does nothing but cover with shame the original job poster, your company, and anyone who has any connection with you. Don't expect salvation for yourself, but try to have some mercy for your friends and peers.

Goodbye! Dr Ivan Vecerina

Reply to
Ivan Vecerina

Nobody with any sense uses a client that runs every attachment like an executable. In fact most people with sense use clients that ask before running even an executable it was requested to open.

The only people that have to worry about ALL attachments are certain Windows users that use the clients MS gave them. Text attachments shouldn't be any concern to anyone in this group even if their client is capable of opening attachments. We're all too smart to use those broken news clients, right?

Reply to
Noah Roberts

You mean wasting time like - replying to someone you killfiled??? -

Jeesh.

Reply to
Noah Roberts

I tend to agree.

A text file attachement /containing source code/ can be very useful in a programming group.

I can see the code directly in my newsreader (currently Thunderbird with NewsWorthy extension), and I can easily save the file.

Follow-ups to [news.misc] (note: I don't read that group ;-)).

Reply to
Alf P. Steinbach

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.