Fiasco

Well, the SBC tech showed up today and got a bunch of new phone lines turned up at the MPOE in our new bldg, but it wasn't exactly as expected. Turned out that the SBC construction guys transposed the cable so that instead of 1 - 50, and 51 - 100, it's 51 - 100, and 1 -

1. And they also screwed up two pairs so it's 30, 31, 33, 32, 34, etc. And to add insult to injury, they installed that funky protectorized block that has each contact as a plastic cylinder with a screw slot on the top, and you have to stick each crossconnect wire into a hole in the side and give it a half turn, which pierces tie wire insulation. Sucks! I would have much rather had the 66 protector blocks.

So I got started on crossconnecting the live numbers, and the crew came in the room and started laying tile. So I had to get out after a few minutes, or end up getting stuck to the floor.

But this looks like just the srart of our troubles. The move-in date is Dec 20, and it's a l-o-n-g way from being done. Neither date nore voice jacks are labeled. I don't plan on working over xmas vacation, but then the boss might try to get me to, but if I don't, no one else will do it. Bleahh.

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

formatting link
email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
formatting link
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:
formatting link

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th
Loading thread data ...

Who is overseeing the construction? Find the architect's name on the prints, call them up and complain. Better yet, find the project manager's name and complain to his boss or to the architect firm's owner. Care to post their name here, BTW? If you are not high enough on the organizational ladder in your organization to originate the complaint call, tell your boss (with a straight face, it's not far from truth anyways) that you are going to need his or her help cross-connecting the lines on the Christmas Eve. Watch the issue elevate to proper levels.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

You're trying to get me fired.

I have to complain to my 'immediate supervisor'.

Well, I think the boss is already aware that he might be working over the holdays. I've already told him that he signed off on my vac'n requests, and after Tuesday, he wasn't going to see me until after new year's! Which he then said he might want me to come back during the hoildays. I checked with the union rep, and we get double time for working over the holidays, so if I work one day, I'll get two off later. Not a bad deal. ;-)

I heard that the wall jacks were labeled as of today, thur. So I'll be there early next week to do the crossconnects.

I'm watching the local news and there's a evacuation going on at the Crystal Cathedral in Garbage Grove, and they haven't caught the gunman who shot a single gunshot. I was surprised how widely known this church is, so I guess it'll make the national news later. They cancelled the two shows this evening.

Reply to

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, the Dark Remover" posted for all of us....

Everyone knows architects aren't reponsible for anything except making their fee higher by "customizing"

More lip service...

He'll be right behind you (he he)

Couldn't figure out Garbage Grove si I Googled it.

Here's the story. Conductor aced himself. Happy Festivus!

formatting link

>
Reply to
Tekkie

formatting link
Heh. He was afraid the medicine might harm his kidneys, but in the end, he gave himself 'lead poisoning.' ;-P

Reply to

"Watson A.Name - \"Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\"" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Yup, that's what I think church is exactly ... a show : D

Reply to
Anon-E-Moose

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.