Extremely parallel QPM -- another one of my telecommuniations imaginations

Hi:

Please don't get upset at me.

I am currently thinking about an extremely hypothetical form of QPM [Quantized Phase Modulation] in telecommunications technology. This too theoretical-too-be-realistic QPM uses 1-phase-per-symbol and

1-symbol-per-phone-line-per-second. In QPM, 1-bit allows for 2 phases. So 1-phase assumes 1 bit for every 2 symbols. But since only 1-symbol-per-phone-line-per-second is used, the measurement is phase-per-symbol, not bit-per-symbol. Anyways, this device attempts to achieve a data rate of Graham's-number amount of bytes per second by using 2 X 16 X Graham's number amount of telephone lines. 2, because 1 phase makes up only 1 of the 2 states that a bit can represent. 16, because a byte is made of 8-bits, and no more than one phase [1 out of the 2 states a single bit can allow] is allowed per-symbol and no more than 1-symbol-per-phone-line-per-second is permitted.

formatting link
's_number Now that is a lot of telephone lines! (2 X 16 X Graham's number) lines

If it were possible and feasible for such QPM to exist, what would be the disadvantages of it?

If I had and audio system that could play this data through a speaker, what would I hear? Would it sound anything like those V.92 dial-up modems when they just connect to the internet?

Also, would my QPM qualify as PSK [Phase-Shift-Keying] or M[Multiple]-PSK? Or is it more like Pulse-Phase-Modulation?

formatting link
formatting link
I am aware that this scenario is so unrealistic -- because of the Graham's number -- that it can only exist in simulated reality.

formatting link
Anyways, I call it "extremely parallel" because there is

1-phase-per-line, no more, no less.

Thanks,

Radium

Reply to
Green Xenon [Radium]
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

formatting link

Oh, and I must add...

In my hypothetical scenario...

Each phone line uses a different phone number.

Each phone line uses a different ISP.

Each phone line uses a different IP address.

Each phone line uses a different MAC address.

Reply to
Green Xenon [Radium]

formatting link

formatting link

Just multiplex it down one optical line using QM entangled photons.

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Huh?

Reply to
Green Xenon [Radium]

formatting link

formatting link

That lot of words confused one of us. As far as I can see, your system carries no information at all. Just show us the math; then we can judge.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Avins

Its a extremely hypothetical form of optical communications.

Reply to
DTC

formatting link

formatting link

The following occurs in my hypothetical system:

Quote from Jason [ snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com]:

"If you allow the various phase-modulation signals to have multiple phases and therefore carry information, then all you have is an enormous set of parallel phase-modulated channels. As long as you had the infrastructure in the PSTN network to support the connections, then you would get linear scaling of total "bits/sec" capacity with the number of phone lines."

Reply to
Green Xenon [Radium]

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.