device to forward inbound calls

Please excuse my ignorance on this. I hoe this is the correct place to post. I have about 30 toll free numbers that are currently routed to users all over the US. They go to Blackberrys, cell phones, desk phones, etc. Each person is supposed to handle a function for their region of the country. I didn't implement this, but now I have to fix it. The issue is, they need other people to cover for them, and that person could be 2000 miles away on a completely different carrier. I get little or no notice. It could also be someone got a cell phone stolen. I need to be able to re-route the 1-800 numbers with no advance notice, and change it back at the drop of a hat as well. I want to move this in house at our corporate office. I want to have a device that I can point a group of 1-800 numbers to, and then I control what 10 digit number they are forwarded to. I'm willing to buy what I need. At my corporate office, I currently have a older Nortel Norstar PBX with 2 PRIs. I also have another multi use PRI that hits a Adtran Atlas 550 which has a fax server and modem bank behind it. I have free channels here, so it seems like a logical place to put any new equipment. We use Nortel BCM 50s in most of our new small installations, so there is a chance I could find one of those laying around. Does anyone have any tips for how I could accomplish this?

Thanks, Matthew

Reply to
mkitchin.public
Loading thread data ...

A) You get the 800 service from Kall8.com & redirect via their management page. [I think you can redirect your existing numbers, but it may be a PITA....]

B) Get a bunch of grandcentral.com numbers and point the 800's there.

In either case, the "device" you need is a browser.

Reply to
David Lesher

This is a standard service from many 800 providers. Call up your provider and see if they offer it. If not, switch to a provider who does.

You could kludge this up yourself with a PBX and DIDs, but it should be way easier to let the 800 provider handle it.

Reply to
John L

Kall8 looks like it would do the job perfectly. MY current provider reqires a phone call and 1 day lead time to make a change. Thanks for for the tips. This looks like it will be much easier than trying to do it in house.

Reply to
mkitchin.public

Further, there will be zero transmission impairment this way. Any in-house diversion scheme would likely add some loss.

Reply to
David Lesher

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.