CSTA server for a PBX

Hello Everyone,

My problem scenario is something like below, I have a media server and a CSTA server connected to a PBX. For the CSTA server to identify that the media server is connected to the PBX one has to register the media server with a PBX. this helps the CSTA server to identify the kind of media services attached to the PBX.

Is there any general protocol defined for such kind of registration process. Or lets say if the PBX does not supports any such initial registration process, then in that case how can my CSTA server come to know about the media servers attached ??

I am writing a CSTA server for my PBX. In that case if i connect any third party VMS to my PBX how can I come to know about the capabilities of such a VMS ??

Thanking all in advance....

Aakash

Reply to
jaakash
Loading thread data ...

Are you using TSAPI in the creation of your CSTA server? If so then if the media server honors the same TSAPI protocol perhaps you could use an acsEnumServerNames() method to check if the media server is advertising itself.

Reply to
gregarican

hello Everyone,

The query is as below. In CSTA ECMA-269, Media Attachment services is provided. If i want to attach Voice Message System without using Media Services than how it can be achieved. Or does anybody know a CSTA Server which achieved such type of mechanizm.

thanking you in advanced.

Hemal

Reply to
Hemal.Shah

Here is an example of a vendor that has implemented the CSTA ECMA-269 standard -->

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:wArlOYq9C58J:support.avaya.com/elmodocs2/cmapi/r2_1/03_300084_2.pdf+CSTA+ECMA-269+example&hl=en.As for sample code, you probably will find little resources. Most CTI development is pretty closed source. You would have to at least narrow down a programming language, such as C, C++, Java, etc.

Reply to
gregarican

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.